Monday, January 8, 2024

Persistance pays off

 A lovely morning (1/7) at Schiphol airport gave way to a long day (> 24 hours) of travel for me. Persistence and grit won, and I finally made it to Ilula Lutheran Hospital around 10am Monday 1/8.


After a short nap, I got a tour of the hospital complex
from John & Solveig. We met Rachel, the current head
Pharmacist, who I will spend some time shadowing 
while I'm here. 

My favorite quirk so far . . . the operating room is called
the Theatre and the procedure room is the 'minor
theater'. We spent time in the outpatient department (OPD) with C.O. Imelda completing follow-up sessions with patients who had labs done or needed medicines.

We then took a short walk to the Stationary store for more conference supplies. On the way back, we stopped at Dr. Saga's pharmacy to check it out.

Phew - dinner is ready, I'm famished & fading fast.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Winding Down

 Karibu!  Wow, it's hard to believe we only have 2 more days at the hospital and start our travel back Friday morning. I really can'...